Instead of substituting bread with Matzah I decided to take Matzah out of the mix for that week. I beat my plateau just like that. Down 2 pounds in 10 days I figured this would be the remedy to my weight lost. I managed the entire summer without grains (the only carbs I would consume were fruits), but soon realized it's an unsustainable lifestyle for me.
I would binge eat when I drank on the weekends and would look somewhat freakish when I went out to order at menus and would ask the waiter to cut out most ingredients that I was basically ordering something not on the menu.
Understanding that carbs do have to be incorporated into my diet, I try to keep them to a limit because I know I don't digest them very quickly. I have to be very careful how much I eat of them and maybe more importantly when I eat them. I find that eating carbohydrates earlier in the day gives me more time to digest them all day long.
My solution and newest obsession:Tumaro's Low-In-Carb wraps. I found them at my local grocery store in a plethora of bold flavors and at a price point that is right within my budget. For $4.99 you'll get a pack of 6 tasty wraps that make great lunch or even breakfast options.
Benefits:
60 calories
9g of fiber
4-7 net carbs
Recipes:
My Italian Wrap:
It's possibly my greatest creation to date (just beating my tuna salad). I'll also pair it with a simple salad of lettuce, tomato, and onions with a little bit of balsamic vinegar.
Ingredients:
1. Tumaro Low-In-Carb Wrap (I love to use the Sun Dried Tomato flavor)
2. Counter Deli Oven Roasted Turkey (2 1/2 slices)
3. 1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
4. 2 tbsp canned tomato sauce (Hunts is usually on sale for $1 a can)
5. Fresh Basil
6. Oregano for seasoning
7. Kale (this is optional, I just had some in my fridge and gives a bit of a crunch)
Calorie Count: 215 calories
- 60 Calorie Wrap
- 50 Calorie Turkey Meat
- 80 Calorie Ricotta Cheese
- 25 Calorie Tomato Sauce

No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!