Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Lunch Made Easy & Low Carb!

I usually have no problem dieting during the summer. Running outside is easy, incorporating clean/light foods is simple, and I'm usually out and about so much food doesn't consume my mind.

However, this summer was different. I found myself less active, drinking more (roof top happy hours got the best of me) and dining out (ahh chips and quac). Oh, and then there's my new diet of 16 Handles for dinner--almost every night of the week.

Not to mention my exercise routine was off point as well.

Now that its back to fall, I promised myself I'd cool it on the alcohol, get myself back on the cooking track, and dial down on a steady routine I know I can commit to.

Salads are one of my favorite lunches to make. There are so many varieties to keep yourself from getting bored with a turkey sandwich. They are also the quickest things to make! A serving of meat takes about 7 minutes to cook. Then all you have to do is chop up the ingredients you'd like and viola, you have a carb free, guilt free lunch!

Greek Salad:

4 oz grilled chicken
Red onions
Any lettuce you'd like
1/4 cup feta cheese
2 tbsp tzatziki (I buy Cedar's All Natural)
Cherry tomatoes

Calories:
Chicken: 110 calories
Feta: 80 calories
Tzatziki: 40 calories

Total:  230 calories



Taco Salad:

4oz 93% lean ground turkey
1/4 cup Weight Watchers shredded cheese
Lettuce
1/3 cup corn
Cherry/Heirloom tomatoes
Red onions
Chopped cilantro
1/4 cup salsa

Calories:
Turkey: 170 calories
Cheese: 70 calories
Corn: 40 calories
Salsa: 40 calories

Total: 320 calories

To cook ground turkey I seasoned with a quarter packet of taco seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper. I didn't have salsa so I ate it plain which was still delicious! Something else I love to do is substitute sour cream with 0% greek yogurt. You can also add 1/4 of an avocado for some healthy fat at an additional 50 calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!