Not to toot my own horn but I make the best oatmeal known to man. No joke. It's so good that when I heat it up in the morning at work, I have not only co-workers, but my superiors asking me what the heck smells so good.
So, instead of keeping my under 300 calorie breakfast a secret, I decided to share it with you.
Recipe: 1 serving
1/2 cup dry oatmeal (I love Whole Foods Organic Quick oats and its usually a Daily Deal!)
1/2 cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
2/3 cup water
1 tsp Nutiva Unrefined Organic Coconut Sugar (a mix between brown sugar and raw brown sugar)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 medium banana (or 1 small banana) (if ripe: dice before adding, if frozen: defrost and squeeze banana into slow cooker, then mash it up)
*I love cinnamon, its great for your heart and adds so much flavor without the calories. You don't have to add as much as I do, although I encourage it.
**I also like to add a lot of liquid to my oats. Oats are great at absorbing water. The more they expand, the fluffier your bowl of oatmeal becomes. The only thing is the more water you add, the longer the cook time. So as long as you can endeavor the magnificent smell I would add the full +1 cup liquids that I suggest above.
Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and mix to combined all ingredients. Dice banana before putting it into the slow cooker. On high cook for 25-30 minutes, on low cook for 40-50 minutes. Monitor your oats, if they look to have dried, add more water.
Calories:
Oatmeal: 150 calories
Almond Milk: 15 calories
Sugar: 15 calories
Banana: 50-70 calories
Cinnamon: 0 calories
Total: 230-250 calories
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!