At 5'2" I'm a pretty petite girl, but since I could remember, I've always been overweight, weighing about 145 pounds and wearing a size 10. In college I topped the scale at a frightening 169 pounds and didn't even realize I had gained the freshmen 30! While I'm now 24, two years out of school, I now have lost 50 pounds by changing not only what I eat and how I work out but most importantly my mindset and outlook on life. And I can still be out and about enjoying the excitement of the city I live in, Manhattan, without breaking the bank.
While losing weight I've found a new love for cooking and a recent devotion to working out. What this journey has opened me up to the most is trying new things without feeling embarrassed, shy, or intimidated. If you don't try, you'll never know. Plus, people have a respect for others who do things they only wish they could do.
I wanted to use this blog as a way to not only track my own progress, but hopefully inspire others by providing great flavorful recipes, little work out tips, and advice and methods I found most helpful.
This started off as a simple diet change but turned into a lifestyle transformation.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!