However, no one can deny the ease a smart phone brings. It's helped me track my progress, advise on recipes, and re-invent my workout routine.
Here are some of my favorite I just won't live without.
1. Popsugar Fitness: my exercise bible. Whenever I'm on the treadmill I go to a interval run work out. HIIT (high intensive interval training) helps your body burn fat more quickly and tricks your muscles since your moving at such different speeds for short amounts of time. It's harder for your body to rely on muscle memory. The app tells you the speed to go, for how long, and at what incline. There's also videos for sculpting, yoga, weight lifting that walk you through the exercises. There's no excuse with this app! The work ours are about 10 minutes long and can be done in the comfort of your home.
2. My Fitness Pal: a calorie counter that has just about ever food ever made at your fingertips. Ever brand, every chain, every supermarket brand. The easiest way to track exactly what you're eating.
3. Wholefoods: simple to complicated recipes that will inspire more calorie conscious alternatives if you can't find those great "within your calorie" recipes also available on the app.
4. Yummly: a semi Pinterest app for anyone who likes to cook. They provide you with recipes from all sorts of websites and blogs. Their calorie section is great, too. It provides you with great options that are within the range you select. Also search by ingredients and cuisine.
5. Run Keeper: whenever I go for runs outside I use run keeper to tracker my mph. I know my distance and time and there's just no cheating.
Download them and become inspired!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!